White Horse Challenge
Updated 14th Apr:
1) Results: Please click here
2) Certificate to view/print: Please click here
3) Photos (coming soon): Please click here
Date: 13th April 2014
Route: 90 mile distance
Start/finish: Shrivenham, Wiltshire
Entry cost: £30
Sponsorship: Sponsorship raised from this event will be donated to WaterAid (funds will be used to provide clean and safe water to those who most need it).
The person that raises the most sponsorship will receive £100 worth of vouchers. If you prefer not to collect sponsorship, there is an option to make a donation to WaterAid instead.
This will be a useful early season ride that will enable riders to gauge their fitness level as they cycle around 90 miles through Wiltshire, Berkshire and Oxfordshire with about 1400 metres of climbing. The route has been carefully selected to keep the riders interested and challenged by their surroundings, on decent road surfaces and with minimal traffic.
What can riders expect?
Start and finish at the Memorial hall in the village of Shrivenham, Wiltshire.
Pass by four white horses: Uffington, Broadtown, Cherhill & Hackpen (Uffington White Horse is the oldest of all British chalk figures and dates back almost 3000 years).
Passing through Avebury which lies in the heart of the Wiltshire downs. The Avebury stones are thought to have been constructed in neolithic times (2700 BC to 2400 BC).
Enjoy beautiful views across the Lambourn & Marlborough downs.
Other historical places such as the Saxon town of Cricklade and picturesque villages such as Hannington and Castle Eaton.
- Clearly signed route with marshals to help at key locations
- Electronic timed event (each rider will collect timing chip at the start)
- Two well stocked feed stations
- Finishers medal
- Mechanical support kindly provided by Lew & Mark (Mobile Cycle Medic), Highworth (www.mobilecyclemedic.com)
- Official Photographer (http://www.sportivephoto.com/)
- Individual times will be added with Gold, Silver and Bronze standard
- Results will be published on the website shortly after the event
- Event T-shirt available for £10 (please order your T-shirt at the same time as entering the event)
For details of other cycling events please visit the Cyclosport website (click the logo below)
© White Horse Challenge 2007-2014